On Feb 23, 2013, at 7:40 PM, Peter Hudson <peter.hud...@me.com> wrote:

> I wondered if it's possible to run the save panel without the row of widgets
> which the directory picker popup is in ?
> I couldn't find an API to remove it though.

It might be possible, but I doubt it -- those controls seem an integral part of
the save/open panels.

To repeat Jon's question: are you familiar with using zombies to track down
memory bugs? This sounds like a memory bug, and if it's in your code and if
it's possible to track it down then it's worth doing so.

Are you using ARC or manual retain/release?

How about posting the code you use to open the save panel? Kind of a long shot
but there *might* be a clue.

Also, to repeat part of Graham's question: is the window you're attaching the
sheet to a floating window or a regular window? Maybe the sandboxing is
irrelevant.

> How do you run it as a panel standalone - as opposed to as a sheet ?

I don't remember the method name offhand, but you'll find it if you look at the
docs for NSSavePanel. If you try it and the crash goes away, please let us know
-- I'm curious.

--Andy