On Apr 19, 2013, at 16:52:35, Quincey Morris
<quinceymor...@rivergatesoftware.com> wrote:

> You may have covered this ground already and I missed it, but what happens if
> you return NO from the autosave, along with a cancel error (that is,
> domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain code=NSUserCancelledError).
>
> On iOS, the document has a special "save failed" state, and I believe it will
> try again later. It's possible that something similar may occur on OS X. Or,
> if it just stops autosave cold, perhaps you can forcibly dirty the document
> again later.

Yes, I've already tried that, and it put the autosave state out of whack.
Simply marking it dirty again via updateChangeCount didn't do anything to make
it autosave again. As suggested, I tried it from writeToURL:ofType:error.

--
Steve Mills
office: 952-818-3871