Hi,
in my custom NSClipView class I would like to subclass the method
smartMagnifyWithEvent and zoom the rect on which the user has double tapped.
So I properly detect the rect to magnify, then I tell the scrollView to

[self.superview magnifyToFitRect:boxFrame];

and I properly get the view zoomed to the tapped area. It works.
Now I would like to animate the zoom, and as I have read on the
NSScrollView.h document, I could animate the magnifyToFitRect API using use
the object's animator.
I tried to use my traditional way (which usualy works well), unsuccessfully:

[NSAnimationContext beginGrouping];
[[NSAnimationContext currentContext] setDuration:1.0];
[[NSAnimationContext currentContext] setCompletionHandler:^{
     [self animationDidStop];
}];

[[self.superview animator] magnifyToFitRect:boxFrame];
[NSAnimationContext endGrouping];

I get the zoom without any animation. I even tried to call

[self setWantsLayer:YES];

within the init method. Then I got something moving, but the content of the
view is a mess.
The nested objects are placed here and there without a reason. Also the
document view loses its dimensions.
How can I achieve my target?

Regards
-- Leonardo