Hi,

I want my app to delay forced sleep even after requesting the initial delay of
30 seconds.
This have to be specifically set by the user in the Preferences of the app and
only when the user clicks  a button to run some operation, for the duration of
that operation which could extent to a minute or two.

I know it would be against the mac os x design principles, but I think in the
end it has to be the user's wish.

I have seen my macbook pro sometime taking more than 2 minutes to go into
sleep, after closing the lid. So is this possible at all?

The scenario is that user has set the preference to delay forced sleep and then
he clicks the button on the app and then closes the laptop lid, knowing fully
well that it may delay sleep for a few minutes.

Wishes,
Nick