It seems that once you changed the speed value, you can't restore it. Other
sheets including the open, save panels will use the new value.

So in the end, I decided not to do it.

> A question: Why do you want a sheet to pop into view instead of acting as
users expect? I am willing to trust you have a good reason, but I'm curious.

I wanted it to appear immediately because my popovers don't use animation.
Turns out showing sheets without animation looks awkward, and has the
non-restorable side effect.