On 25/06/2013, at 7:12 AM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:

> In any case, far too many people use far too many apostrophes when
> pluralizing, and it's causing me to make more such mistakes just from
> constantly reading theirs. Please stop.

I would second that.

An apostrophe is NEVER used to indicate a plural in English, and to use it for
such a purpose in programming is more than confusing - it seems like somebody
who didn't know what an apostrophe is actually for misunderstood it and applied
it wrongly. What's wrong with an 's' to indicate a plural? If it's not
sufficiently clear, perhaps a better var name should be chosen.

Grocers (or should that be Grocer's?) are the only profession allowed to use an
apostrophe to indicate that there's an 's' about to come up at the end of the
word. The rest of us should know better! ;)

--Graham