On Jul 19, 2013, at 10:15 AM, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:

> On Jul 19, 2013, at 6:03 AM, Koen van der Drift <koenvanderdr...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> I have a follow up question.  I decided to make the UITableView with the
>> grouped style.  Of course, now it is higher because of the additional space
>> that is drawn above and under the two rows.  After doing some searching, an
>> additional height of 22 points seems to be appropriate to make it fit
>> perfectly.
>>
>> Does this seem ok,
>
> No.
>
>> and will it still work with all devices and/or future versions of iOS?
>
> Almost certainly not. Have you read about the Dynamic Type feature in iOS 7?
> Http://apple.com/ios/ios7
>> Maybe there is a #define that I can use that will always be correct?
>
> No.
>
> Have you tried just asking the table view for its -contentSize?

Not yet, but I will look into it later.

The problem I foresee though is that at the time I create the tableView, the
dataSource method for the number of rows (= 2) hasn't been called yet, and
therefore the table doesn't know what the contentSize will be.

An alternative I just thought of could be to create a tableView with three
rows, where the top one contains my customView.

- Koen.