When adding some certain-mode-only menus, we scan the existing menus to
temporarily remove key equivs that are also in the new menu. They're put back
later. However, something isn't right when I ask for each menu item's
modifiers. Our Edit menu has Select All, which is command-a. Another menu to
the right of it has an item whose equiv is command-shift-a. Everything's hunky
dory with those. Then we go to add the new menu, which also uses command-a. We
first find the Select All menu which uses the same equiv, so we remove it. But
then it also find the other item which uses command-shift-a. Here's the code
that looks for matching equivs:

if([item.keyEquivalent length] && ([item.keyEquivalent compare:keyToMatch
item.keyEquivalentModifierMask == modsToMatch)

Both values are very clearly 0x100000, which is only NSCommandKeyMask. But
where's the shift key bit? The menu item's mods should be 0x120000. Any ideas
about why it's wrong?

--
Steve Mills
office: 952-818-3871