It's something new to learn, but in order to stay current there will always be
something new.  I'm just porting my software to ARC, and whilst there are one
or two gotchas (oversights on my part, leading to leakage), I'm finding it to
be an excellent idea.  Using ARC (in my experience) leads to lower memory use,
fewer leaks (well, as you as you do it properly), and improved ease of
maintenance.  It's win-win-win-win - and one lose.

The one loss?  No support for 32bit Macs any more.  That's a bit of a headache,
and it'll cause me some user loss - but I'm going to have to suck it up if I'm
to explore the sunlit uplands of this brave new world.