On 11/09/2013, at 3:13 PM, Dave <d...@looktowindward.com> wrote:

> Yes, but it doesn't remember the last value of a notification, which is what
> I would like.
[]

> Yes, I am removing myself as a receiver, but ideally I want to receive these
> notification even if the object is dead. By this I mean, I want the last
> known value of the notification restored when the Object in question starts
> up again. At present I have to save this somewhere ugly and restore it from
> somewhere ugly. I just thought it would be nice to be able to just make a
> call something like:
>
> -(void) reissueLastNotificationName:@"Note1" forClass:self
>
> Rather than save it somewhere ugly 26 more times!
>
> I  could maybe subclass NSNotificationCenter?

There are a couple of statements here that don't make a huge amount of sense.
What do you mean by "an object….starts up again"?

Perhaps the problem is really that your object should not be being killed until
the final notification has been received? That's a different problem. If you
mean you want to save something between launches of your app so you can restore
state, that's easily done by the sender of the notification.

Basically, there isn't enough detail in your question to advise, and what you
have given appears to smell a bit. "Reissuing" a notification sounds like a
band-aid for a problem that should be solved some other way, to me. Subclassing
NSNotificationCenter is presumably possible, but sounds like the wrong way to
do whatever it is you are really trying to do.

--Graham