On Sep 15, 2013, at 17:04 , Kevin Meaney <k...@yvs.eu.com> wrote:

> On 15 Sep 2013, at 15:30, Marcel Weiher <marcel.wei...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Do all the cleanup you want to do and then exit(0)  ?
>
> I was doing exit(0) but after reading this discussion I thought it would be
> cleaner to do the CFRunLoopStop on the main thread.

I also used to think it was a good idea to clean up after yourself.  However, a
lot of in-process cleanup is at best just simply wasted, the OS will recover
all those resources much more effectively and safely.  What’s worse, the
cleanup code can cause significant issues, I remember the image processing
program that swapped back a lot of its image-cache in the process of freeing
it, because the malloc metadata was kept on the same VM page as the data itself.

> Unfortunately I'd broken my LaunchAgent doing some other stuff at the time
> and just now I've got stuff working and then I've been wondering why
> LaunchAgent doesn't stop. Back to exit(0) it is.

If you get queasy about exiting so abruptly, remind yourself that sudden
termination is a kill -9 … :-)

Marcel