On 2013-09-23, at 1:36 PM, Kyle Sluder wrote:
> What’s _theMatrix’s frame?
Here once again is the code I posted
   NSWindow *theWindow      = [aController window];
   NSView   *theContentView = theWindow.contentView;
   NSRect   theContentFrame = theContentView.frame;
   NSRect   theMatrixFrame  = NSInsetRect(theContentFrame, 40.0, 40.);
It's values happen to be 40.0 40.0 500.0 500.0

> It could either have an origin that puts it at the top, or it could draw
> its content in its upper-left and have a size that fills the superview, or
> its superview could return YES from -isFlipped.
There is no superview of a window's content view - it is the root of the view
hierarchy.

>> The default location is stated to be lower left.
> See -[NSView isFlipped].
Of course I read the docn and know about this.
isFlipped returns NO both before and after getting the content view frame.

> Flippedness does not cascade; every NSView’s bounds coordinate system is
> independent.
I know that.
> If a view returns NO from -isFlipped, then drawing at (0,0) in that view’s
> bounds
> will always draw at the lower left of that view, regardless of whether any
> ancestors return YES from -isFlipped.
No it doesn't! The code I posted draws from the top left.