On 2013-09-24, at 1:26 PM, Gary L. Wade wrote:
> The object you created has an inset of 40, and since NSMatrix organizes its
> cells from the top left,
> that is what you are seeing, regardless of whether or not NSMatrix returns
> YES for -isFlipped.
> If this is a matter of personal discovery, override -isFlipped in your class
> and have it return NO
> to see if it changes anything for your own satisfaction. If you must override
> NSMatrix for some extra
> drawing, use the value of -isFlipped to know whether top left or bottom left
> is the origin.
> --
> Gary L. Wade (Sent from my iPhone)
> http://www.garywade.com/

Thank you sir! Finally someone with a clear answer that I can understand.
I did exactly what you suggested and lo and behold the matrix is drawn at the
bottom left of the contentView.
Must not have properly understood the docs wrt isFlipped. Will go back and read
again.

Thank you for helping to educate me.

Peter.

P.S. I do understand the cell indexing order beginning at top left in the
NSMatrix frame/bounds.
That has been the conventional way since forever. {0,0}..{0,n}, {1,0}..
where m is #rows -1 and n is #cols -1 (i.e. zero origin indexing)