On Wed, Oct 16, 2013, at 12:00 PM, Jerry Krinock wrote:
> My app's helper uses CFPreferencesAppSynchronize() to update preferences
> of its main app, in whose package it resides.
>
> CFPreferencesAppSynchronize() sometimes logs this to the system consoleā€¦
>
> ERROR: looping synchronize attempt.
> Dirty keys count is 1.
> Saved server state is 3650.
> Shmem state is 3650.
> Shmem index is 976.
> Shmem page is 0x1007da000.
> accessPath is (null)
>
> What in the world might that mean?

Straight from the digital mouth of Someone Who Knows:

"98% of the time that means the process changed its sandbox at runtime
such that it gained or lost access to some prefs."

Assuming you're not doing anything too crazy, the only things I can
think of off the top of my head that might extend your sandbox are
save/open panels, drag and drop of files onto your app or its windows,
enabling/disabling of iCloud, and execution of AppleScript. None of
which should affect access to the preferences plist in your sandbox
container.

--Kyle Sluder