Howdy guys. I am looking for some advice. I have an on boarding process that
asks for permissions from the user for things like contacts, location,
etc…where each page describes why we’re asking and then asks the user to enable
access. It works wonderfully and really makes everything far simpler. Now to
the problem: we show these pages even if the user already has given us access.
Why/how would this happen? If a user uninstalls/reinstalls is one good example.

What I’d like to do is simply skip over a VC/page in the storyboard if the user
has already permitted access. This is where I’m unsure what to do. I’ve tried
creating a custom no-animation push segue, and on viewDidAppear performing the
segue (I also tried viewWillAppear, but it doesn’t work). The problem is that
this only works for one page, and two it looks weird showing the original page
and then bam - the others just show up. Using an animation looks weird too.

Creating a segue for every permutation is just an exercise in frustration.

I’m not a storyboard expert by any means having been using them lightly over
the last few months. I’d love a little bit of experienced guidance on the best
way to handle this that keeps the storyboard flow for the default user since
the point of using the SB was to see the flow visually AND keep typed code down.

Screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/h96by0uc5yl7lnx/Screenshot%202013-10-18%2019.00.33.png