I’ve considered that as my last resort - I’m not against code as I normally do
most of my work in code and don’t use NIBs as much as I probably should - but
I’m trying to see what is possible via storyboards and a bit of code.

On Oct 18, 2013, at 9:44 PM, Richard Heard <heard...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Seems like a case where it would make more sense to push the controllers
> explicitly.
> ie:
>
> YNYourNextStepViewController *vc = [self.storyboard
> instantiateViewControllerWithIdentifier:YNYourNextStepViewControllerIdentifier];
> [self.navigationController presentViewController:vc animated:YES
> completion:nil];
>
> I find that Storyboards quickly regress to string based programming for
> anything out of the ordinary flow and avoid them whenever i can.
> -Richard
>
> On 18 Oct 2013, at 6:07:41 PM, Alex Kac <a...@webis.net> wrote:
>
>> Howdy guys. I am looking for some advice. I have an on boarding process that
>> asks for permissions from the user for things like contacts, location,
>> etc…where each page describes why we’re asking and then asks the user to
>> enable access. It works wonderfully and really makes everything far simpler.
>> Now to the problem: we show these pages even if the user already has given
>> us access. Why/how would this happen? If a user uninstalls/reinstalls is one
>> good example.
>>
>> What I’d like to do is simply skip over a VC/page in the storyboard if the
>> user has already permitted access. This is where I’m unsure what to do. I’ve
>> tried creating a custom no-animation push segue, and on viewDidAppear
>> performing the segue (I also tried viewWillAppear, but it doesn’t work). The
>> problem is that this only works for one page, and two it looks weird showing
>> the original page and then bam - the others just show up. Using an animation
>> looks weird too.
>>
>> Creating a segue for every permutation is just an exercise in frustration.
>>
>> I’m not a storyboard expert by any means having been using them lightly over
>> the last few months. I’d love a little bit of experienced guidance on the
>> best way to handle this that keeps the storyboard flow for the default user
>> since the point of using the SB was to see the flow visually AND keep typed
>> code down.
>>
>> Screenshot:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/h96by0uc5yl7lnx/Screenshot%202013-10-18%2019.00.33.png

>> This email sent to heard...@gmail.com

Alex Kac - President and Founder
Web Information Solutions, Inc.

"The person who is not hungry says that the coconut has a hard shell."
-- African Tribal Saying