Hello list,
I was given a library someone made to use with OpenAL. When he made this, iOS2
was the standard, so naturally it is still 32-bit. I am now trying to use it on
OS10, and am getting the expected implicit conversion errors. As far as I can
tell, the numbers being used are all 64-bit integers, even when the library
calls numberWithUnsignedInt. OpenAL is, for some reason, still stuck in 32-bit
land, and so we have what appear to be 64-bit integers being passed to
functions that expect 32-bit integers. Looking at the class reference, I
expected numberWithUnsignedInt to return a true 32-bit integer, but the errors
I am seeing suggest otherwise. I may well be wrong, as I am still quite new to
this language, so my apologies if I have mistaken the cause of these errors. If
not, though, is there a relatively simple way to convert everything to 32-bit
integers? I cannot use ints or uints because this code relies heavily on an
NSMutableDictionary, which cannot store primitive data types. Any ideas are
appreciated. Thank you.

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)
mehg...@gmail.com