Thanks for the help everyone. Instead of NSUIntegers I now use ALuints, and
instead of calling unsignedIntegerValue on NSNumbers I now call
unsignedIntValue. My warnings have gone from over 80 to around 30, so this is
definitely the right track. The only snag now is that dictionary the controller
uses - it wants to store buffers and sources (OpenAL values), but OpenAL needs
those to be uints which a dictionary can't store. So, I now need to figure out
where to use NSNumbers versus basic unsigned ints. I'm not asking for help - I
know how to do it, but it will be tedious - just letting you know that your
at iOS7, though, I have a feeling I'll get a lot of warnings about 64-bit
compatibility. :)
On Dec 2, 2013, at 11:54 AM, Jens Alfke <j...@mooseyard.com> wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2013, at 2:31 AM, ChanMaxthon <xcvi...@me.com> wrote:
>
>> I am just making an example and a point - check what (u)int32_t or
>> (u)int64_t is typedef'd to and return that type.
>
> The OP wants a real-world solution, not an abstract theoretical example of
> the worst-case way to handle it.
>
> If you want a 32-bit int, call -intValue. If you’re ultra paranoid about int
> changing to 64-bit in the future and you don’t want to have to fix a warning
> in that code later on, cast the result to int32_t.
>
> —Jens
>
> This email sent to mehg...@gmail.com

Have a great day,
Alex (msg sent from Mac Mini)