On 2013 Dec 05, at 08:15, Gerriet M. Denkmann wrote:
On 5 Dec 2013, at 19:55, Roland King <r...@rols.org> wrote:
On 5 Dec, 2013, at 8:34 pm, Gerriet M. Denkmann <gerr...@mdenkmann.de> wrote:
Don't send 2Mb of search results to your webview. Do you really need the case where you search for one character only? Don't send data until you have more than one and don't send obviously too much data to be useful to the user.

Well, the users might want all words with 'n'. In which case they would happily wait 50 seconds.
I do not know how to differentiate this from a slow typing of "no".

Gerriet.

Would they, you sure? I don't think a good user experience has a spinning beachball for 50 seconds during which time the UI is doing nothing...

So therefore you can't dump 2Mb of text into a webview... So .. divide it into pages, send the first one with a link at the bottom to the next one and load in a few good screenloads of data at a time.

Yes, this is rather a good idea.

Or, file 2 bug reports. 1. for interrupts to work properly, and 2. to have an option to allow each character entered to be treated as an interrupt instead of just loading up the event queue.