My earlier post was wrong; switching base SKD back and forth did not fix it.
What fixes it is building on 10.8 instead of 10.9. (When testing the SDK
switch, after rebooting into 10.8, I was running under the debugger, which
resulted in it being re-built.)

So I've done a batch of clean builds with different SDKs under 10.8 & 10.9,
copying each built app after build and keeping it around for testing, and sure
enough, the apps built under 10.9 only work on 10.9, failing to send
comboBoxSelectionDidChange: under 10.8 & 10.7, while the apps built under 10.8
work on all 3 versions of the OS regardless of which base SDK I specify. (Well
obviously the app built with base SDK 10.8 does not even launch on 10.7...)

I'm trying to poke around with otool to see what's actually different in the
builds. Does anyone have any further suggestion for me???

Some things I suppose I should note:

- Xcode 5.0.2
- All software updates applied to all OSs.
- I am using the same copy of Xcode under both 10.8 & 10.9.
- I am not ignoring compiler warnings ;-)
- There is nothing logged at runtime indicating any problem.
- I have "Link With Standard Libraries" checked (and am considering turning it
off, but need to figure out what I libraries I should add).

--
Scott Ribe
scott_r...@elevated-dev.com