Hi,

I have a couple of questions about using auto layout (AL) with NSSplitView and
NSScrollView. I have watched the (excellent) WWDC videos from 2012, but am
having problems.

I'm trying to implement an NSSplitView (not a custom view that's similar to
NSSplitView) and want to retain the behavior I expect from it, particularly
being able to set a minimum width on a pane such that when I drag a divider far
enough to close it, it will collapse. Easy enough with delegate methods, not at
all clear with auto layout. Similarly, I'd like to have a button to toggle such
a view and am not sure how to do that with auto layout as well. It seems to me
that one could replace several of the delegate methods with constraints, but at
least the same amount of code will have to be written to reproduce the original
behavior.

I have not been able to find any sample code online that demonstrates this. To
this end, I've created a sample project on GitHub. If anyone can help me with
this, I'll be happy to implement it in the demo project to help anyone else
with the same problem.

https://github.com/demitri/SplitViewAutoLayout

Secondly, I have a button that loads a large image into an NSScrollView into
one of the split view's panes. I have a slider to scale the image down. As the
image scales, I'd like it to remain centered. I have this working with auto
layout, but the container NSImageView is not resizing. It needs to resize down
to but not smaller than the clip view (I want to show a background color). Can
someone suggest how to do this as well?

Thanks for any help, and hopefully this can help others as well.

Cheers,
Demitri