This cost me a couple of hours of sleep.

OS 10.9.1, Xcode 5.0.2

In my app I have an NSTextView with an NSNumberFormatter attached to it. The
latter limits input to integers of a specified range.

As soon as bind the NSTextView’s enabled or editable properties to a simple
boolean property in my controller (no other bindings in place), the number
formatter no longer honors the range constraints and lets values pass
unfiltered.

Without bindings, the system beeps when trying to enter a prohibited value.
With bindings, range constraints are ignored while non-integer input is
blocked, but without the system beep.

Changing SDKs, setting the number formatter up in code, binding to the
encapsulated NSTextViewCell etc. do not fix the issue.

Has anybody seen this?
I have searched radars but could not find anything.

I have a bare bones project exhibiting this bug 100% deterministically, which I
could send to interested parties (or upload to GitHub).
I have never done that before, but I intend to file a radar, unless somebody
finds a fundamental flaw in my setup.

Thanks!

Peter