I’ve never used -toolbarAllowedItemIdentifiers:.  However, its documentation
states…

"Sent to discover the allowed item identifiers for a toolbar.”

Wonderful :))  There is no indication of who sends it, when, nor what is done
with the result.  The “Discussion” is no more enlightening either.  Therefore I
have no idea what the purpose of this method is.  Apparently, based on your
results, its purpose is not your purpose.

On 2014 Feb 07, at 13:43, Markus Spoettl <ms_li...@shiftoption.com> wrote:

> So the question is: How do I remove an item with a given identifier in such a
> way that it does not appear

Here is how I remove toolbar items that are present in nibs…

NSInteger someToolbarItemIndex = [[toolbar items]
indexOfObject:someToolbarItem] ;
if ((someToolbarItemIndex >= 0 ) && (someToolbarItemIndex < [[toolbar items]
count]))
{
    [toolbar removeItemAtIndex:settingsToolbarItemIndex] ;
}

where ‘toolbar’ and ‘someToolbarItem’ are outlets, connected in the nib.  So a
disadvantage of my method is that you need an outlet for any removable toolbar
item.  But I have only have one, and it works for me.

> in the customization, neither is single item nor as part of the default
> toolbar configuration.

I hope that clause was not important because I don’t understand it.