> On 2014/02/18, at 22:52, "jonat...@mugginsoft.com" <jonat...@mugginsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On 18 Feb 2014, at 01:48, Rob Nikander <rob.nikan...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Last year I did some work in Cocoa and discovered that the auto layout
>> stuff was not completely supported in some common AppKit classes. I
>> remember having problems with NSScrollView and NSOutlineView. This message
>> talks in detail about some issues with NSScrollView...
>>
>>   http://lists.apple.com/archives/cocoa-dev/2013/Mar/msg00274.html
>>
>> It ends with the sentence "Let's see what 10.9 brings".  So, I'm getting
>> back into Cocoa, and my question is: what did 10.9 bring? I did some
>> searching and don't see any encouraging release notes or announcements. Has
>> anything changed with this issue?  Constraint based layout seems really
>> cool, but it's odd that it doesn't work with such important AppKit classes.
>>
>> If it's not working easily, do people get it to work with some extra
>> effort, or should I just avoid NSScrollView and the others, if I use auto
>> layout?
>
> The docs now have the lowdown on this:
>
> https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/AutolayoutPG/AutoLayoutbyExample/AutoLayoutbyExample.html
>
> Jonathan

Not so fast.

UIScrollView is not the same as NSScrollView. This reference is not being
completely clear when it says scroll view but means UIScrollView.

See the old thread that discusses this well and note that nothing has changed
about it in 10.9

http://lists.apple.com/archives/cocoa-dev/2013/Mar/msg00275.html

NSScrollView really doesn't work properly with auto layout.
Not for the document view of it anyway.