My personal feeling is that this will never happen. I seem to recall one of the
reasons Apple doesn't support Blu-Ray is because of the onerous requirements of
the content industries to provide DRM at the kernel level. For example, Windows
has facilities in the kernel to check if there is a bus sniffer, protects the
video content at the GPU level, etc. DVDs already kind of work this way (try to
screenshot a DVD, go ahead) due to special support in the GPU/optical drive
that already exists, so that video data doesn't go to main RAM. It should be
noted, however, it's much easier to rip a DVD than do a screenshot.

At the very least, I doubt this will get resolved in any time-frame for your
product/company.

$0.02

Doug Hill