I'm generally a big fan of Cocoa Touch - but why does the "secure" option
on a UITextField still display the character you are typing?

And, is there any way I can turn this off?

Its generally hard to get non-employee AD credentials created or to stand
up DEV Active Directory services ... so everywhere I've ever worked, folks
like me are always entering their real AD creds in the app during
development. This is embarrassing when you are pairing and even worse, was
in a demo today and the leader is asking everyone "not to look" while they
entered their AD credentials in front of a whole host of people.

I guess one could write something to work around this ... but does anyone
know if that is really necessary - and what would have motivated Apple to
implement textField.secureTextEntry this way ... or not provide a textField.
*really*SecureTextEntry option which would mask ALL the characters. Maybe
an option that doesn't even show how many # the user is actually typing.
I'm surely not counting 14+ characters anymore.

-Luther