On Thu, Mar 6, 2014, at 04:01 PM, Koen van der Drift wrote:
> I'm working on a new version of my app, and while testing it against the
> one that is now in the store, I'm running into an "*** Terminating app
> due to uncaught exception 'NSUnknownKeyException', reason:
> '[<MyViewController 0x16e38150> setValue:forUndefinedKey:]: this class is
> not key value coding-compliant for the key graphSuperView.'" error when
> opening a viewController.
>
> I know what this means and I think I know why this happens: in the
> previous version I had a xib for this viewController, with an outlet to
> 'graphSuperView'. However, while developing the next version, I took out
> that xib and the outlet, and am setting up the view completely in code. I
> did a text search through my whole project, but cannot find any
> references to that outlet, and the xib is no longer part of the project.
>
> So my guess is that the app (the current release version) when it gets
> updated with the development version on my iPhone, still has a reference
> to that outlet, or even the xib, causing the crash.
>

> Any ideas how this can be fixed?

Delete the app from your device and rebuild. I'm guessing the XIB is
left over and has the same name as a UIViewController, but that view
controller is now trying to set up its view in code. Since Xcode never
deletes files from the build products unless you've done a clean
build—nor does it delete files from the app sandbox when copying to the
device—the framework can still find the XIB at runtime.

--Kyle Sluder