d) this time, if I check again the content of myFolder.myApp, I don't
see "file2" (but "file1" is still there)

>What does “check again” mean? Did you close the window showing the contents of
>myFolder.myApp, then open another one?

Yes, it is what I mean.

I don’t understand this. ‘NSFileWrapperWritingAtomic’ does what the
documentation says it does. That is, conceptually, it:

>1. Writes the file(s) corresponding the the file wrapper in a temporary
>location. This produces a single file or folder (which may contain other files
>and folders).
>

>2. It swaps the temporary file or folder with the original file or folder,
>atomically in the file system.
>

>The effect is the same as a non-atomic write (assuming that both complete
>successfully), except that some of the lowest level details (such as file
>system inode numbers) may differ. But this shouldn’t have any impact on
>whether you can “update” a folder.

So do you agree that it is strange that I can "re-write" a folder with
‘NSFileWrapperWritingAtomic’ but not without? It seems that
‘NSFileWrapperWritingAtomic’ does more than what the documentation says.