On 6 apr 2014, at 17:40, Varun Chandramohan <varun.chandramo...@wontok.com>
wrote:

> My only worry was that the code I wrote for root daemon was
> using CoreFoundation and later replaced with Foundation APIs as they lot
> easier to code and maintain. I saw few people warning against that as
> there might be some bugs in Foundation API that could exploit my daemon
> and gain root access. While that is very much a possibility, I was hoping
> that such issues would be addressed very quickly by Apple? No?

If the only thing you did was to change from CF to Foundation API, then you're
OK. There's preciously little difference in implementation between the two in
the cases where they have overlapping APIs.

And you're right, Apple would promptly fix any known security bugs. Worry about
bugs in your code, not bugs in Apple's code.

Joar