On Apr 18, 2014, at 14:14 , Gerd Knops <gerti-cocoa...@bitart.com> wrote:

> Dangerous (and entirely wrong) assumption.

I know perfectly well that Mac HFS+ can be made case sensitive, so perhaps I
should have worded it better: “…even *when* the Mac file system is case
insensitive.”

However, both you and Fritz missed my real point, which is that it *may* be (I
have a *vague* recollection of this coming up before) that nib loading might
fail if the the string passed to ‘initWithNibName:’ doesn’t match the case of
the actual file name, regardless of the case sensitivity of the file system.
Perhaps I misremember, but IAC the point is to check for any case-sensitivity
issues which might amount to a misspelled string.