Confusing results.

I changed the property in question:

@property (nonatomic,assign)            id                      payloadObject;

Ran leaks again and it reported another cycle - same thing, so I fixed that one
too and ran leaks again, which now shows no cycles/leaks.

Before when the test finished running this under the debugger, it showed 130.4
MB allocated (in XCode not Leaks) after the test had completed. When the test
completes, everything should be released, IOW, the test stores no objects
beyond the local method, no properties etc. The network manager may allocate
stuff that it keeps for inself, but they should be minor. However, when the
test completes it shows 73.1 MB allocated  (in XCode not Leaks), however,  when
I run it under the profiles/leaks I see no reported leak problems.

I’m a lost to explain why something is still being retained.

The hierarchy of the control flow is as following:

AppDeletegate—>HomeVC—>TestDownload

The viewDidAppear method allocates the TestDownload object and calls method
“Test1” in that class.

Test1 Calls another method on a background thread that does the download.

The test takes an Array of URLs that point to images, downloads the image and
does nothing with it.

the kernal of it is something like this;

UIImage* myImage;

for (myURL in myArray)
        {
        myImage = [self.pNetworkManger syncDownloadImageFromURL:myURL];
        }

There are around 650 URLs/Images in the Array/

I’m still digging!

Cheers
Dave