On Apr 21, 2014, at 18:28 , Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:

> Why not?

Let’s assume for the sake of an example, the toolbar is 40 points high, and the
OpenGL view (its visible rect, at least) is 200 points high. According to Eric,
when the cursor is 40 points *above* the bottom of the view, where.y is 200, in
view bounds coordinates. That seems to me to mean one of 3 possible things:

— When the cursor is at the top of the visible rect, where.y is 40, so that the
vertical extent of the visible rect is 40..240 in bounds coordinates. If the
visible rect is the entire view, that means the bounds origin is (0, 40). [Or
perhaps (0, -40), my brain’s too tired to work it out.]

— Or, if the entire view is bigger than the visible rect, the bounds origin can
be (0, 0), and the vertical extent must be 0..240, with the top 40 points
clipped.

— Or, if where.y is 0 with the cursor at the top of the visible rect, and
where.y is 200 at a position 40 points above the bottom of the visible rect,
then the view vertical extent is 0..240 (bounds coordinates) in a frame rect of
height 200, and therefore the bounds has been scaled.

Otherwise, how can where.y be 200 at a point 40 (bounds coordinates) points
above the bottom of a view that’s 200 (frame coordinates) points high?

On Apr 21, 2014, at 18:44 , Ken Thomases <k...@codeweavers.com> wrote:

> Just in general, in the majority of cases the bounds origin is (0, 0) and its
> size is equal to the frame size (although for OpenGL views, it's the frame
> size in pixels rather than points).  Outside of scrolling, it's relatively
> rare to transform a view's bounds.  I think Quincey has gotten himself turned
> around on this.

Unless I’m doubly confused, therefore, I don’t think I’m turned around. If the
bounds origin isn’t (0, 0) or the height in bounds coordinates is greater than
the height in frame coordinates, it’s certainly unexpected, and I’m suggesting
that the real problem is whatever brought that unexpected situation about.