On 2014 Apr 29, at 16:44, Tom Doan <t...@estima.com> wrote:

> The only problem now is that the [keyboard shortcut] command-? still goes to
> the help search box.

First of all, understand that the search field, the first menu item under
“Help”, gives two groups of results, “Menu Items” and “Help Topics”.  To see
this in action, right now, in Mail.app, enter the word “Mailbox” in there.

Both groups should work normally, as your Mac users will expect.

> I don't see how to cut the stop at the search box out of the process.

I don’t think you want to do that.  Maybe you’re thinking the the second group
should be a “context-sensitive” search, filtering results for relevance to the
current window, but that’s going to make very little difference in practice.
Furthermore, users who are poking around in Help might be in the wrong window
for what they want to do anyhow.

Unless I’m misunderstanding, you should just ship it :)