I have a NSTableView that spans the full width of the window, so it touches the
window borders on both sides. The table view has many columns (it scrolls
horizontally).

Changing column witdth columns by dragging the separator line works perfectly,
except for the last column. The problem is that the separator line coincides
with the window border, so when I try to drag it the window is resized, rather
than the column.

Did anybody else stumble upon this problem?

Is there any way to tell the window to not resize when clicking near the table
header? I couldn't find anything in the docs on NSWindow.

Or can you think of another workaround, aside from leaving an ugly
brushed-metal-like border around the table view?

Best wishes,
Jakob