On May 7, 2014, at 13:55 , Jakob Egger <ja...@eggerapps.at> wrote:

> The problem only occurs when you have many columns and the table view
> scrolls horizontally. Then you can't make the last column wider.
> Dragging the left side only makes the second-to-last column narrower,
> and dragging the right side resizes the window.

So where is the right edge of the rightmost visible column? If you haven’t done
anything special, then it could be at the window’s edge, or it could be further
to the right, scrolled off the window, depending on the column width. I don’t
see how the user would know the difference. Wouldn’t a user scroll the rest of
the column into the window first, stopping only after the vertical line in the
header row is clearly inside the window? If that’s the case, I don’t see that
you really have a problem.

If you’re somehow adjusting the table (either the column widths or the amount
of scroll) so that the rightmost visible column always ends at the window edge,
then I’d suggest changing your algorithm so that it ends maybe 4-10 points
inside the edge. That would solve the problem too, wouldn’t it?