On May 7, 2014, at 11:38 AM, Wim Lewis <w...@omnigroup.com> wrote:

> Depending on what is *in* your NSDictionary, though, a less opaque
> serialization format might be better, such as one of the property-list
> formats (see NSPropertyListSerialization) or even JSON. These formats can
> only hold a small, non-extensible set of types, and can't encode recursive
> structures or preserve the sharedness of parts of the object graph, but have
> the significant advantage that they are easier to inspect and are easier to
> keep decoupled from implementation details of your app.

I realize I have a ways to go before I grok Cocoa, as I still approach things
from the minimalist Linux perspective. It's a simple NSDictionary with a few
strings and numbers in it, so maybe (for the moment) the JSON approach might
get me going, then I can revisit the issue with a more general Cocoa solution.

Thanks!
-Carl