My requirements are:

Requirement 1: Share public key to java server.

Steps:

1. Generate public-private keys in iOS app.
2. Store the generated keys in keychain.
3. Send generated public key to java server.
4. Java server shall be able to store shared public key in database.

Requirement 2: Store public key sent by java server.

Steps:

1. Java server sends public key of other user.
2. Process data sent by java server and generate public key from it.
3. Store generated key in keychain, which can be later retrieved for
encrypting message to be transferred.

I am able to achieve steps 1-2 in requirement 1 by using below method
defined in SecKeyWrapper class (CommonCrypto sample):

    - (void)generateKeyPair:(NSUInteger)keySize

Question 1: Now problem is-  how shall I send that key to java server?

We have getPublicKeyBits method in the same class, which returns an
NSData object, on some googling I found that it is in DER encoded
format.

Question 2: If I send the same NSData object to server, which I guess
it will interpret as ByteBuffer object, will it be possible for other
devices, in my case it could be android, to interpret that data?

Question 3: What is the best way to share public key in above scenarios?

Please suggest.