On 15 May 2014, at 15:53, Gary L. Wade <garyw...@desisoftsystems.com> wrote:

>  Also, I haven’t tried this sequence myself, but I noticed in your sample
> code you’re
> calling phonemesFromText: right after startSpeakingString:.  Maybe
> phonemesFromText: is short-circuiting the speaking?

Right on!
Putting phonemesFromText: BEFORE startSpeakingString: finally gets me to hear
all my new voices.

But: phonemesFromText: still returns an empty string.
This is a pity, because getting the phonemes is the goal of the whole exercise.

With or without delegate.

Another thing: setUsesFeedbackWindow: YES has no visible effect whatsoever with
any voice.