It's still present on Mavericks, but the man page for ipfw reads:

"This utility is DEPRECATED. Please use pfctl(8) instead."

Also, aside from the traditional port-based firewall, the firewall you
enable/disable in the security pref pane is an application-level
firewall, separate from ipfw or pf. Apple provides a command-line
utility--afctl--to control that. This is the firewall represented in
system_profiler output, so, check out the man page for (or use otool
on) afctl.

--
Ed Marczak
e: marc...@radiotope.com