On 20 May 2014, at 19:48, Edward Marczak <marc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  This is the firewall represented in
> system_profiler output, so, check out the man page for (or use otool
> on) afctl.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

I've done an exhaustive search, but there's nothing called 'afctl' on my system
(latest public release of 10.9.3).

If there's no Cocoa methods for interacting with the OS X firewall, then I'll
throw this over at the list suggesed by Jens, and I supose further replies
should probably be to me off-list to reduce noise. If I figure out the answer
to this and others want to know what it is, email me and I'll cc you in any
follow ups.

Best

Phil