On May 26, 2014, at 7:43 PM, Uli Kusterer <witness.of.teacht...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Regarding endian-swapping, that depends on the file format. If you wrote that
> file yourself, you don’t usually need to do any swapping.

That's true. For example, back in the PowerPC days, we never had to endian-swap
our file formats, because we knew that our file format was created on a Mac,
and Macs always used big-endian, and it wasn't as if Apple was ever going to do
anything crazy like switch to Intel or anything.

Nowadays, of course, we can be assured that our code will always run on Intel
processors, because *obviously* there's no reason your code would ever need to
run on something like ARM.

Hmm.

Charles