Hello,

we got bug reports, that on some machines Save As writes a corrupt file.
Now we have access to a machine where this happens, and even a basic
test-project (Document-template using CoreData in Xcode) exhibits the
same problem.

The machine is running OSX 10.9.3. On this machine it is easy to reproduce.
The first Save of a new file works without problems, normal save-operations
are working flawlessly. Choosing Save as results in a file without any data.

Overwriting writeToURL:ofType:forSaveOperation:originalContentsURL:error: shows
difference between a machine where it works and the faulty one.

On the working machine the absoluteURL is a temporary-URL
(file://localhost/private/var/folders/2t/th51wqw13ms24fvjdzv0xbb00000gp/T/TemporaryItems/(A%20Document%20Being%20Saved%20By%20savetest)/Untitled.binary),
 whereas on the machine where save does not work
shows the URL chosen in the Save panel.

The writeToURL:…-methods returns YES.

After a Save As in a document already saved before the originalContentsURL is
nil
on the faulty machine, on the working one it points to the original file.

I guess something is wrong with the account. In a fresh user-account everything
works
as expected on the machine. But unfortunately we can’t say the customer: “if
this happens
just create a new account” :)

I checked the Permissions on the machine. The user has full-access to the
folder returned
by NSTemporaryDirectory().

I tried it with binary and sqlite-store (we are using sqlite in our app).

Does anyone has some ideas what to try? The logs don’t show anything.

Thanks in advance, and sorry for the long post.

Cheers,

Felix