On Aug 5, 2014, at 11:36 PM, Daryle Walker <dary...@mac.com> wrote:

> I’m using the Size Inspector for my document window’s XIB to create a Small
> Bottom Border as a Content Border.  From the top to the bottom of my window,
> not counting the title and tool bars, I got:
>
> 1. 20 pts. space w/ Autolayout
> 2. Text-editing (1 line) field, changing its size width-wise as the window
> does
> 3. 8 pts. space w/ Autolayout
> 4. WebView, changing its size as the window does
> 5. Formerly 0 pts. space, now 22 pts. space, both times with Autolayout
>
> The 22 pts. of space added to the bottom exposes the Small Bottom Border.
>
> I made a menu item to turn on/off the Status Bar.  I even put a check mark
> there as appropriate.  The problem is that the Bar doesn’t actually
> disappear, it just looks inactive.  If I try messing with the window’s frame
> NSRect, I shrink the WebView with the window but keep the Bar.  If I try
> messing with the WebView’s frame NSRect, the WebView just shifts down and
> leaves extra space on top.

When you're using auto layout, you should not manipulate view frames directly.
Instead, you modify or replace the constraints.

In your list above, number 5 indicates you have a constraint determining the
spacing between the web view and the bottom of the window content view.  So,
you want to adjust that.  Presumably, it's of the form contentView.bottom =
webView.bottom * 1 + 22 (or possibly reversed order with a negative constant).
So, you want to adjust that constant term to 0.

You can create an outlet from your controller class to the constraint.  Connect
it in the NIB.  Then, you can refer to that constraint in your code and set its
"constant" property.

Regards,
Ken