On Aug 6, 2014, at 1:09 PM, Daryle Walker <dary...@mac.com> wrote:

> When first turning off the status bar, Xcode’s debugger showed an exception,
> due to a constraints conflict.  There’s a 22 pt gap between the WebView and
> the bottom of the window, and two 4 pt gaps between the Status Text and both
> the WebView and window bottom.  I took care of it by changing the two Status
> Text constraints’ priorities from 1000 (the default) to 999, so the
> WebView/window-bottom constraint always wins.

That seems like it would result in ambiguous layout to me.  You might want to
make the constraint between the status text and the web view required so that
it's always below that and just weaken the one between the status text and the
bottom of the window content view, so that it can go below that.  Or maybe just
remove that constraint entirely.  That seems excessively constrained to me.

You could also remove the status text field from the view hierarchy (which
automatically removes any related constraints) and then re-add it and the
constraints when it should be visible again.  Probably more trouble than it's
worth, though.

> Apple’s guides suggest calling [window
> setAutorecalculatesContentBorderThickness:NO forEdge:Whatever] whenever
> calling [window setContentBorderThickness:Something forEdge:Whatever].
> Should I still call “…Auto…”?

When you set the content border in IB, it automatically turns off the
auto-recalculation.  I think you don't have to do anything with that.

Regards,
Ken