> On Aug 25, 2014, at 1:21 PM, Tim Anglade <t...@realm.io> wrote:
>
> We did publicly commit to open-sourcing the core under the Apache 2.0
> license [1].

I had not seen that FAQ when I did my initial evaluation of Realm about a month
ago. Thanks for pointing it out, and I'm glad to hear you'll be opening the
core code. It's exciting to see all the new innovation going on in storage
engines lately.

> Now regarding stability… For what it’s worth Realm has been running in
> production at Zynga & others since 2012 [4],

That's good to know too.

> Hope this additional info helps. I’m bummed out some people still miss
> it so I’ll be working to see if we can highlight this more clearly on
> our website, because I totally agree these are important considerations.

I'd suggest adding a link to the FAQ to your top-level banner. Also, it'd be
nice if the README.md for realm-cocoa made it more clear that it's a wrapper
around an external database (there is a reference to "download[ing] the core
binary" near the end, but I didn't see that until after I'd poked my way
through the source code and found every call path disappearing into a tightdb::
namespace I couldn't find the implementation of anywhere.)

—Jens