On Aug 29, 2014, at 9:35 AM, Aandi Inston <aa...@quite.com> wrote:

> I'm running the same code in 32-bit and 64-bit, and seeing a difference I
> cannot currently account for. The code is an implementation of a widget
> library, specifically the bit dealing with radio buttons.
>
> The radio buttons are created as NSButton instances with a buttonType of
> NSRadioButton. The library presumes buttons are independent of one another
> and manages its own grouping, so that a click on one button clears the
> other buttons in the same group. There are many dialog boxes with multiple
> groups of radio boxes.
>
> So, this all works as expected in 32-bit. In 64-bit mode, clicking on any
> one of the radio buttons clears all the others in the NSWindow (without
> regard to our own logical grouping). Initial tests suggest our code is not
> doing that.
>
> Now, I see references to radio button groups in an NSMatrix as being
> automatically linked, but I am not using an NSMatrix, and I can't see any
> methods of NSButton or NSButtonCell related to this. All the NSButton
> controls are placed in the same NSWindow (whether in 32-bit or 64-bit mode).
>
> Thanks for any insight!

https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/releasenotes/AppKit/RN-AppKitOlderNotes/

In the “Notes specific to OS X 10.8”, see the section on NSButton/NSButtonCell,
the second paragraph:

"An NSButton configured as a radio button (with the -buttonType set to
NSRadioButton), will now operate in a radio button group for applications
linked on 10.8 and later. To have the button work in a radio group, use the
same -action for each NSButton instance, and have the same superview for each
button. When these conditions are met, checking one button (by changing the
-state to 1), will uncheck all other buttons (by setting their -state to 0).”

I don’t know if this describes exactly the conditions you’re seeing (no mention
of 32-bit vs. 64-bit behavior, but perhaps you’re not using the same SDK for
each architecture?).