> No one should be using path-based API any more, generally.
> You should use URL-based equivalents.

Why? Really, why? Certainly there are APIs where we have to use URL's and
we have to convert the path into a URL, but where a non-deprecated
path-based URL exists, what current or future obstacles do you foresee? The
URL doesn't seem to be more predicable or persistent, for example.

Thanks for any insight. I've been really happy to see the last of the
old-style colon-separated names and move to something I can understand, a
pathname.