> Any idea on my original question, though? If I have a helper app embedded in
> my bundle, with a bundle ID of its own, does the app store need to know about
> that bundle ID, or just the main one?

I have on app in the app store that auto-start. The App Store needs only to
know about the “main app” bundle id. The helper app has to be signed, but Xcode
took care of it automagically (surprisingly enough). Remember that the app
cannot set automatically to autostart, the user must explicitly approve/set.
As you probably already know, you have to use SMLoginItemSetEnabled() to set
the autostart thing, other methods don’t work for sandboxed app (cfr.
<https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/MacOSX/Conceptual/BPSystemStartup/Chapters/CreatingLoginItems.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/10000172i-SW5-SW1>).

HTH,
gt

---
Giacomo Tufano
http://www.ilTofa.com/

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better. (S.
Beckett)