> On 23 Sep 2014, at 9:20 am, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:
>
> I tried to find some documentation of a change, but can't It seems that the
> statusBarFrame returned in iOS 8 is different than in iOS 7. In landscape
> mode on iPad, I get a size of 20, 1024 in iOS 7, and 1204, 20 in iOS 8.
>
> Any suggestions on the best way to handle this?

That rather depends on what you’re using it for. Usually just working with
topLayoutGuide etc etc makes all this stuff go away. However if you’re
currently using that information for something … then …

WWDC 2014 session 214, View Controller Advancements In iOS8, the venerable
Bruce Nilo. ‘Changes to screen coordinates’ towards the end. I glossed over
this bit when I saw it originally as it wasn’t instantly relevant to anything
I’m up to but it definitely affects status bars and keyboard popup rectangles
and there’s some APIs in there to convert from anything to anything else, one
of which probably does what you need to convert what you’re getting back to
what you were getting before, or at least alert you to having to handle it
differently.