> On Oct 21, 2014, at 11:38 AM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:
>
>> On Oct 21, 2014, at 09:18 , Raglan T. Tiger <r...@crusaderrabbit.net> wrote:
>>
>>> On Oct 20, 2014, at 10:53 PM, Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sigh, I figured it out. Not only do you have to use NS_ENUM, the
>>> enumeration members MUST begin with the name of the enumeration.
>>
>> Example please ... I feel unfulfilled.
>
> It's precisely as shown here (if not spelled out in words), under
> "Enumerations":
>
> https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/swift/conceptual/buildingcocoaapps/InteractingWithCAPIs.html
>
> typedef NS_ENUM(NSInteger, UITableViewCellStyle)
> {
>    UITableViewCellStyleDefault,
>    UITableViewCellStyleValue1,
>    UITableViewCellStyleValue2,
>    UITableViewCellStyleSubtitle
> };

NS_ENUM or NS_OPTIONS is required for Swift to import it.

The name prefix is not required. If I recall correctly, the Swift importer has
some heuristics to omit any shared prefix from the Swift names, but if there is
no prefix then the enumerators are imported unchanged.

--
Greg Parker     gpar...@apple.com     Runtime Wrangler